Monday, August 4, 2008

Is it all about MBA?

The topic in discussion over here is probably one of the most hyped one. At my age, around millions of people are crazy about these three words. And even I am one of them. Yet out of those millions each have a different reason of his being in this Rat’s race. Most common would be “to make a career”. But one question keeps haunting me. Is it all about MBA? Is your career just because of an MBA? If that is really the case then why do you run after top B – Schools? Do they impart good knowledge? If MBA is all about exposure then do they offer better exposure? If yes then how do you decide the other one doesn’t? And if you are the student in question then have you ever thought what kind of exposure is right for your career? And if you know your right exposure then why don’t you want to research which institute is offering that exposure? Or is that you simply believe that the best one is doing so? And above all is MBA the only means for setting up your Career? What about the time that you loose getting into your dream institute? Doesn’t that affect your career? Is it worth taking risk of wasting couple of years? So many and many questions....

Well probably you are thinking that I am either crazy or frustrated. I am neither. And I feel proud to say that I am also one of those millions who want to get into dream MBA B-School but I have a different reason for it. So what's new, each one of them has a different reason, at least each one believes their reason to be unique. And those who doesn't have one are probably the dumbest or smartest, too extreme to be worth getting selected for any B-School.

Some time back, before I started my preparation for CAT, I used to wonder over the applicability of all these entrance exams. I always had a feeling that why does our education system expect us to excel in our Graduation (or the stream we had last worked on) and at the same time prepare for another exam for pursuing further studies. Why can't they be related and equated and made unique. Isn't it the system that is trying to deviate focus of students? Isn't it that our education system encourages multiple focus at a particular point of time. (And when a student like me attempts to deal with CA and MBA both at one time, people taunt saying, I have got foot in two boats! ) And the main question that I could not understand then, if i had the caliber to appear and top such exams then why would I want to join an MBA course, because that is what they are finally going to teach! (I mean Management here).

Well you yourself might have seen some flaws in the above logic, but that is what I used to think for this unjust and tyrant entrance exams like CAT. But later when I started preparing for these exams, I came across many aspirants, many of whom were complete B-School package and many of whom did not even deserve to go to any B-School and yet all of them have successfully complete their grads. So if this is the case of one batch of my coaching class then there are innumerable of them all over India.

And if these top B-School takes admission on the basis of the grads ranking then most of these guys, popularly known as book worms, would occupy it. Hence to have best of talent these B-Schools need to have some good evaluation system. I tried to think over any such possible evaluation system, but could not think one better than this for a time being. And as far as its practical applicability is concerned, I feel, its all aptitude and is basis of everything. They are all analytical and logical. They used to be laborious and hectic but that is long back. Now these exams are more of democratic one, where each one gets substantial time to solve few limited number of questions. Yet one thing that doesn't get justified is the high application fees for these exams. These institutes should realize that the students appearing for any institute entrance will for sure be appearing at least for 5 more of such. Anyways that's entirely a different issue.

Anyways I think I ll end up this blog. Small thing that is yet left to tell is my reason for running after this rat's race. The only reason probably why I want to compete here is because I want to get a feel of B-School. I am quite crazy to experience the life style the B-School offers. I have heard that life is tough there and you have to be on your toes every moment. I simply want to challenge life and see how a B-School can effectively bring discipline and values in my life. And as far as education is concerned, I believe I have a lot of it to build my career and the rest I can acquire from books and experience. And as far as placement is concerned, I really don't need one as I see myself as an entrepreneur learning from experiences rather than classroom sessions. Its just life and people at these institutes is all cause of which I aspire to be in one of the best of them.

Hoping for the Best with all your wishes and lucks..!! Thanks for reading anyways!!

2 comments:

Abhishek sinha said...

hmmm...nicely ended....

Anonymous said...

Established in 1997, St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance is a leading education consultancy services providing exemplary service to students all over India. We deal in Admissions to all major professional courses in Premier Institutes across India. We are your one step solution for all career related needs, it may be MD, MBBS BE, BTech (ALL BRANCHES), , MDS, BDS, BPharm, BArch, MBA, MTech, MS, , PhD or any other courses. We provide personalized career solutions on an individual basis keeping in mind the aspirations of our client as well as the affordability factor.
FOR ALL CAREER RELATED NEEDS CONTACT US :
St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance,
#2, 2nd Floor,
J J Complex, Above Chemmannur Jewellers,
Marthahalli - P O,
Bangalore - 560037
Karnataka
e-mail :jojishpaily@gmail.com
Contact: +91 9448516637
+91 9886089896, +91 9449009983
080-32416570, 41719562

Blog Widget by LinkWithin