Saturday, August 2, 2008

Social Hijacker!!

What an interesting word it is! It can probably take any form of meaning supporting your explanation. If used effectively it can be a big blow to the person’s character. I have not checked any dictionary, but I don’t think it exists in any of them yet. Hence the user probably can take the entire credit to mould it as a positive or negative word. Whoever coined this word would be a Genius. A good friend of mine used this word for me (I am not sure if he himself coined it). It took me a week to analyze what actually he wanted to convey through it. I was confused if his intention was to compliment me or to make a sarcastic remark.
I being a very confident person (confident to the extent of sometimes being overconfident) wanted to think the word to be a positive word describing my nature. I wanted to think it over as my friend probably wanted to say that, “I am an ebullient personality, am the show stealer and can make the atmosphere of any place light and contagious by breaking the ice. I can make others feel comfortable and make them see me as a trustable and responsible person. In short, without using any coercion I can coax people and hijack their perceptions or importance.
But then was it really his intention. It’s very rare that a friend like him would appreciate and that too at an occasion when nothing great has happened. Again there is a negative explanation for this word. I would take an example:
You are out with your gurl (gf) in a party. You happen to meet a friend and you make a formal introduction of your gurl with him. It happens that both of them share some past link to which they can relate as both being present at the same time, but never noticed the other one. This is a good help to start a long conversation. Now gradually as days passes you notice that your gurl is probably has developed interest in talking to your friend and also demands you to get him along at your so called dates. Your friend being an extra smart person starts editing your scene from the picture and tries to fit himself in your shoes. But this is not what makes the friend as social hijacker. It’s his smart, efficient tricks, and techniques that he uses against you to get your gurl away from you without even making you realize that he is devising any such plans. Hat’s off to Social Hijacker!! And it’s really very difficult to track if a person is a Social Hijacker of this sense or not!! It’s advisable to keep such Social Hijacker at an arm’s length.
Just to tell you that, in my case it was not the situation. I think he might have perceived it in a similar fashion though.
Anyways, my intention here was just to make you aware of this interesting word called SOCIAL HIJACKER!! Do let me know if you can make any other sense out of this word. Also I would love to hear that when and how you tried to use this new vocabulary in your conversation.

2 comments:

Bugs Bunny said...

Good One!!!! :)
Keep Writing

Abhishek sinha said...

well this post shows you the personality of the owner..isnt it...
no really ...this is not just a post..!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin